štvrtok 30. januára 2014

New Christmas, new babies, New year...

Hello!

I finally got time, to edit and post again my old entry and it's already time for new one. Last one was originally written right before Thanksgiving. I have to say it was unusual (in hotel), great (on 25th floor of that hotel) and extremely tasty! :)

Than, there was Christmas. It was unusual too. I split it in two parts. One day (24th) I spent with my Slovak boys and 25th with my host family (HF). We cooked kapustnica (sauerkraut soup) with Slovaks and watched Pelisky. And to make it Christmas-y they played poker after. (Really charming!) On the other hand, 25th and 26th and all other days I spent with my HF. And it was most unusual (and awesome) Christmas ever. In Slovakia we have Christmas dinner, here it was lunch, in Slovakia we open gifts at 24th after dinner. here it was in the morning. And not really morning, I'd say before noon, but we had to schedule it, so everyone was there and HW (2 years) wasn't napping. Actually she opened her last presents sometimes in January.

Well now Christmas is over and my school started. It's really cool! I have my photography class and we use film cameras only (little more investment, but whatever, it's sooo cool!). So black and white photography on film! best course ever! unfortunately, I will have to take one of weekend classes to get rest of my credits. Summer semester is very short and i'd have to be in school 4 evenings a week. Impossible to work for my work schedule and climbing and hanging out with my friends... So what. I'll spend one weekend in school. I'll meet more au pairs. It will be good for me :).

All au pairs going to Chicago, or already here,  attention! Most of museums have free weekdays now! There are some sites to tell you which museums has free days when, but these two months it's every museum! It is the best way to spend a day off (except sleeping of course).

Now I have really horrible schedule, but I know it's not permanent and many au pairs have worst schedules. The point is I have to wake up way earlier than before but i'm getting used to it. And I know it's good for me, I'm just that kind of person that has to complain about everything. Before, I got to sleep in every other day cause I worked around 10am or 11am and I just didn't have time to do anything, cause I was sleeping all the time. Now I work every morning at 7am few times a week only for an hour and half and I'm complaining, cause I cannot sleep in. There is no way to make me happy. I know that :)

I also decided to make a little road trip on my weekends off. Now it's gonna be Door county WI (hopefully). It's few hours drive to north, but on pictures it looks beautiful! You know that long straight road going through desert? Well it's nothing like that. It's exact opposite! little winding roads through forest and lighthouses :) :)

so you can wait for update and some pictures (also spell check - I know I need it) :)

see ya Maria

And just to explain, there is always someone sick. Literally no longer stretch than 2 days with everybody healthy since Christmas. That's why it takes me so long to write and edit everything. (And i'm lazy that's the other reason :) )

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára